Crossing borders, across genders – feminist issues in the 2000s
Feminist Summit: The future of feminism in Europe
An international summit discussing the status of contemporary feminism, the role of arts and media and the participation of women in business and politics.
The summit will consist of a central opening discussion, two simultaneous roundtable discussion workshops and a concluding speech.
As part of the annual London Festival of Europe(see below), the Feminist Summit aspires to bring together a group of people across borders, genders and generations who have a shared interest in feminist issues today.
We hope to contribute to a revival of the feminist debate in Europe and to challenge participants to revaluate how feminism might contribute to the European Project.
* Intergenerational experience and perspectives on feminism in Europe today, and how feminism might be a useful framework to critique and contribute to the evolution of Europe.
* Sexualisation in the Arts and Media, and the role of the media in inspiring, reinforcing or modifying role models and stereotypes.
* Feminist engagement in the world of business and politics, how feminists are changing institutions of business and politics from the inside, and what some of the current forms of formal feminist political engagement are in Europe today.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
* Claire Fox, Institute of Ideas, London
* Dominique de la Garanderie, Founder of l’Association Française des Femmes Juristes
* Rosalind Gill, Open University, London
* Helen Mees, Women on Top, the Netherlands / New York
* Members of the Feminist Activist Forum, UK
* Loredana Rotondo, Filmmaker and Member of Altravista, Milan
* Teresa Rees, Cardiff School of Social Science, Cardiff
* Nima Sanandaji, President Captus think tank, Sweden
* Peter Tatchell, Human Rights Campaigner
* Lynn Turner, Goldsmiths College, London
* Patrizia Bisi, novelist, Rome
* Hampstead Town Hall, 213 Haverstock Hill (Belsize Park tube)London NW3 4QP
* Saturday 15 March 2:30 – 6:30 pm
* Registration from 2pm, Reception to follow
* Ségolène Pruvot, Shandi Miller, Anne Marthe Koeman, Federica Ambrosini
Download the Summit programme http://www.euroalter.com/project_pages/project2european.html
Contact us and confirm your attendance firstname.lastname@example.org
(The London Festival of Europe 2008 6th – 16th March 2008 http://www.festivalofeurope.eu)